Graphic Designer / Art Director
Reporting to the Creative Director in Sydney, the Graphic Designer position will support on core brand projects, retail and F&B environment development, print title publishing, online UX design, art direction and POS marketing support for Deus apparel and CI guideline development as Deus enters a new phase of growth requiring rapid deployment of the Deus design DNA to global partners. The designer will act as a project lead across multiple disciplines in collaboration with the Creative Director and Head Office Design team. This is a position is for a quick thinking creative with great organisational skills, the ability to write engagingly is of benenfit and the candidate will hopefully take the opportunity when writing their letter of introduction to demonstrate this skill.
The Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or similar with at least 5 years industry experience
• Previous experience in bespoke brand design, project management or similar
• Working knowledge of design-specific software programs (Adobe CC etc.)
• Strong attention to detail and design aesthetic and a healthy penchant for ingenuity
• Shows initiative and proactively presents and escalates ideas, suggestions and problems to ensure outstanding results
• Strong written and verbal communication and language skills
Questions from DEUS ex MACHINA
– Why is Deus a brand for which you would be proud to work?
– How do your interests align with Deus?
– When has your energy and enthusiasm paid off professionally?
If you have read this far we’ll assume you already know what ‘In Benzin Veritas’ means…Deus has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our work family are constantly challenged to do their best. Deus is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of intellectual energy, the endless pursuit of adventure and an enthusiasm for innovation. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas into the Deus family.
In return, we provide attractive work conditions and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits and would hope the successful candidate is as intrepid in body as well as mind.
We aim high at Deus in the pursuit of excellence in everything we do, the future is one down and four up! This is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people who join the team seldom leave. This is a rare opportunity to join the design team of one of the most respected and creative brands in the world.
The position is based in Camperdown Sydney, you must have the necessary work permissions if not an Australian citizen. Send your letter of introduction, CV and portfolio (under 10mb please) to firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Attack life, its going to kill you anyway’