Junior Graphic Designer
Reporting to the Creative Director in Sydney, the Junior Graphic Designer position will support the studio team on core Deus brand projects, retail and F&B environment development, print title publishing, online UX design, art direction and POS marketing support for Deus apparel and CI guideline development as Deus enters a new phase of growth requiring rapid deployment of the Deus design DNA to global partners. The designer will be part of the well oiled Head Office Design team, working closely with the Senior Designer and ECommerce director across EDM creation, POS system roll out and printed material creation.
The Ideal Candidate
• Graduate degree in Graphic Design or similar with one-two years workplace experience. Exceptionally talented graduates should also apply.
• Working knowledge of current design-specific software programs and online publishing tools
• Strong attention to detail and design aesthetic and a healthy penchant for ingenuity
• Shows initiative and proactively presents and escalates ideas, suggestions and problems to ensure outstanding results
• Self motivated and the ability to complete tasks without supervision.
• Skilled with photography and video production and basic editing (SLR, not on an iPhone)
• Knows the Deus brand inside out and is a rusted on enthusiast.
Questions from DEUS ex MACHINA
– Why is Deus a brand for which you would be proud to work?
– How do your interests align with Deus?
– When has your energy and enthusiasm paid off professionally?
If you have read this far we’ll assume you already know what ‘In Benzin Veritas’ means…Deus has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our work family are constantly challenged to do their best. Deus is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of intellectual energy, the endless pursuit of adventure and an enthusiasm for innovation. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas into the Deus family.
In return, we provide attractive work conditions and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits and would hope the successful candidate is as intrepid in body as well as mind.
We aim high at Deus in the pursuit of excellence in everything we do, the future is one down and four up! This is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people who join the team seldom leave. This is a rare opportunity to join the design team of one of the most respected and creative brands in the world.
The position is based in Camperdown Sydney, you must have the necessary work permissions if not an Australian citizen. Send your letter of introduction, CV and portfolio (under 10mb please) to email@example.com
‘Attack life, its going to kill you anyway’